According to National Institutes of Health, around 30,000 to 40,000 cases of pulmonary fibrosis are recorded every year in the US. Globally, it affects 13 to 20 people out of every 100,000 people. Pulmonary fibrosis is a lung disease which occurs when lung tissue becomes damaged and scarred.
Exposure to toxins and pollutants, radiation therapy for lung cancer, medications like chemotherapy drugs and anti-inflammatory drugs. Risk factors like age, genetic factors, smoking, and cancer treatments can also trigger pulmonary fibrosis. The symptoms usually include shortness of breath, a dry cough, unintentional weight loss with fatigue, muscle, and joint pain, and widening of finger or toe tips. Medications like pirfenidone and nintedanib are prescribed by doctors to treat the condition.
Some of the natural home remedies are recommended below to treat and prevent pulmonary fibrosis.
- Serrapeptase: Serrapeptase is an enzyme supplement that helps expel excess mucus from the lungs and the lymphatic system. Moreover, serrapeptase reduces inflammation and helps reduce fibrosis by itself.
- Colloidal silver: Colloidal Silver helps heal the lungs, and its primary role is to eliminate bugs, fungus or viruses that aggravate fibrosis and helps maintain the condition. However, colloidal silver does not affect anaerobic bacteria present in the gut, unlike conventional antibiotics.
- Licorice capsules: Capsules inhibit overactive B cells for the immune system to stop its attack on the lungs. Licorice capsules also promote the production of naturally occurring steroids which help reduce inflammation, restore adrenal function and even help re-balance immune system.
- Hemp oil: Hemp oil is another effective remedy for fibrosis as it contains essential fatty acids, the restoration programme helps resolve inflammation. If hemp oil cannot be found, cod liver oil can be used instead.
- Organic silicon: Organic silicon can be easily absorbed and helps repair collagen and replenish the silica reserves in the body. Collagen is what lines the lungs, and silica helps repair it in addition to expelling toxins and restoring collagen’s suppleness.
- Organic germanium: Organic germanium capsules help promote tissue oxygenation. It also helps detoxify the cells and treats obstinate afflictions. It is one of the most effective remedies for pulmonary fibrosis.
- Seaweed: Seaweed contains a kaleidoscope of nutrients that are essential for the body. It helps promote intercellular communication and helps detoxify the body. Capsules can be consumed instead as they provide seaweed extract.