According to CDC Global Health survey, rubella measles vaccination has helped patients treat the infection 85% globally. Rubella measles death cases have been reduced by 75% worldwide since rubella vaccine has prevented over 20.4 million deaths.
Rubella is a highly contagious viral infection which often occurs during pregnancy causing harm to the unborn child. The virus usually replicates in the lymph nodes and the nasopharynx. The symptoms usually include nerve inflammation, mild fever with a headache, inflamed and red eyes, and aching joints. If left untreated, it may cause complicated conditions like cataracts, anemia, hepatitis, and deafness.
Below are some natural remedies to treat rubella infection at home.
- Vegetables and Fruits: Vegetables and fruits are nutrient rich and ensure that the body is supplied with antioxidants which support and boost the immune system. Fruits such as oranges and grapes containing vitamin C or ascorbic acid are rich in antioxidants which increase the ability of the body to fend off the virus.
- Non Processed foods: Non processed foods such as whole grain cereals, rye, barley, and oats are some of the non-processed whole grain cereals which can be included in the diet. Eating non-processed rice and sugar can also boost your immunity as they are rich in nutrients such as iron and vitamin B complex.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is an antiviral, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory herb. Aloe Vera gel can also be extracted from the inner part of mucilaginous, succulent leaves of this herb and applied as a salve over the rash.
- Cooking oil and good fats: Saturated fats or Trans fatty acids are very bad for digestion and cardiovascular health. Chief symptoms of rubella such as joint pain and inflammation can be cured by using healthy oils such as olive oil or plant-based oils. Good fats such as fish, nuts, and avocado are also necessary as these can improve the rate at which nutrients are absorbed by the human body.
- Echinacea: Echinacea is an antiviral herb which has immense benefits for enhancing the immunity of the body. Echinacea increases the rate at which white blood cells are generated in the body.
- Winter cherry: It is a very effective herbal remedy for fatigue and lethargy which sets in during rubella. Winter cherry also enhances the circulation and immunity of the body and ensures a speedy healing process for the person suffering from German measles.
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains pain relieving and anti-inflammatory properties because it contains an active ingredient called curcumin. Curcumin destroys the pro-inflammatory proteins which are responsible for joint pain and inflammation in the body.
- Astragalus: Astragalus root is known as an antiviral herbal remedy for stimulating the immune system and fending off German measles. Astragalus is able to improve the ability of the body to fend off symptoms such as a sore throat, inflammation, joint pain, and rash by strengthening the body’s immune system functioning.